Ginger Mint Tea
Ginger has many benefits!
Do you have a sore throat? Feeling inflamed, bloated, or nauseous? Ginger can help with ALL of these symptoms.
It contains two antioxidants (zingerone and gingerol) that can both boost your immunity.
Additionally, ginger can decrease stress on the body which can further promote your body’s immunity allowing it to heal and soothe itself.
Similar to the benefits of ginger, mint leaves will also help aid in digestion. Mint contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties as well, helping your body to ward off illness and disease.
Bonus: It freshens breath!
Here’s my favorite super SIMPLE homemade ginger tea recipe:
Ingredients for 1 cup:
- About 1 inch of ginger
- 1 tsp raw honey (which also boosts your immunity too)
- 1 ½ cups of hot water
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh mint leaves
- Scrub and clean ginger (no need to peel)
- Place ginger, 1 ½ cup of water in pan, and bring to boil over high heat
- Once boiling, reduce to simmer.
- Add in 3 mint sprigs.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes. More time = more bold.
- Pour tea into a cup using a fine strainer or sieve.
- Add a bit of raw honey and/or lemon to taste
It can be served warm or cold. I LOVE both ways!
I hope you enjoy this tasty tea recipe!