Mindful Meditation: My Thoughts on Legacy.
Most often we think of legacy as something tangible, like money or property that someone leaves behind. However, Legacy is also something that can’t be seen or touched. It’s your essence, what people knew you for, the mark, the impact you had on someone’s life (this could be someone close or even someone you met in crossing…but you did something or said something that impacted them somehow).
What legacy would you leave behind today if you were not granted another day to live?
Would it be positive or would it be negative? What would you leave behind?
In order to leave a legacy, you must KNOW yourself.
In our current society, we are bombarded with a lot of information. We have a lot to be thankful for. Being able to connect with most of the world at our fingertips is one of the many awesome things we are gifted with today.
This can also be distracting.
We have to decide which are distractions and which are opportunities that most align with our soul’s purpose…
In order to leave our essence into the world for the greater humanity, we must allow time to recenter and regroup ourselves.
Here are a few tips and tricks to create a POWERFUL LEGACY:
- Determine between distractions and opportunities. Then decrease the distractions so you have more time for the opportunities.
- Remember that what you say and what you do…matters. You never know how one simple act of kindness (or unkindness) will impact someone else.
- Experience more joy. Allow yourself to get excited over the “small” things. Live a joyful life. Nothing is too small!
- Surround yourself with those that uplift you, those who are also working to develop themselves for the better…you become more like those you hang around, the most often.
- Focus on making a difference in the world. Make time for YOU. We all have unique characteristics and talent that we are gifted with. Find yours and use your skills to help make a difference to those around you. about your talents, strengths, desires, etc.
- try the 16 personalities test www.16personalities.com
- try www.viacharacter.org for talent tests and information on personal development
- try www.https://www.enneagraminstitute.com for more tests and techniques
- Read books, audiobooks, and podcasts Ted Talks on self-development
(Brene Brown, Eckhart Tolle, Eric Thomas, Jen Sincero, Lisa Nichols)We all have special skills and talents. Consider the things that come easier for you – that you enjoy. For some, it’s making people laugh, being a good listener, writing, singing, painting, etc.
Mint Chocolate Protein Smoothie:
Ingredients and Directions:
1 banana, frozen
1 cup firmly packed fresh spinach leaves
3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, coconut milk
1/2 medium avocado (use the other half later to top off lunch or dinner)
1/4 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves, about 25 leaves
1 Tbsp Bee Pollen
1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint oil
Sweetener of choice: 5 drops of Stevia or 1 Tbsp Monk Fruit
1 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
2 scoops protein *optional if you want to try leaving it out
Ice if desired
Blend and Enjoy!
What’s your Legacy?